Impact Fellowship: Come help us improve lives
Developing low-cost, high quality education solutions is one of the most complex challenges we face today. Tackling complex challenges requires a diverse and highly-skilled pool of talent. To execute on our vision, we are building a values-driven learning organization that attracts, develops, and retains highly talented and mission-driven individuals. Through its Impact Fellowship program, Teach A Class gives young professionals a unique opportunity to engage with an entrepreneurial setting and contribute to developing innovations in education technology for the BOP. We hope that you join us on this exciting journey.
Technology Fellowship :
- You will get the satisfaction of knowing your work helps to improve education for all
- You will be hacking on a piece of technology that has the potential to bring high-quality educational resources to billions of people who have never before had access
- You will have the chance to make real contributions to an ambitious development road map at a fast-growing startup social-enterprise
- You will get a recommendation to our many partners in the tech and education industry
- You will work with mentors from the tech industry
Technologies we use and skills we would value:
- HTML / CSS / LESS
- Android development
- Hardware / networking / system administration
- 6 months fulltime commitment
- Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school, or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passionate about learning new technologies and applying it to solve real world problems
Interested applicants should email their resume, including references, and a cover letter to email@example.com with “Technology Impact Fellowship” in the subject line. Fellowship applications are reviewed every three months. TAC aims to have 1-2 Impact fellows at any given point in time. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Implementation Fellowship :
- The satisfaction of knowing your work helps to improve education for all
- You’ll have the chance to make real contributions to an ambitious development road map at a fast-growing startup social-enterprise.
- Build TACs expansion strategy into African Markets like Kenya, Uganda, Ghana
- Working with our stakeholder in schools in India.
Areas of work :
- Content development
- Impact Evaluation and Pilot Design
- In-School Implementation
- HR, Talent Management and Performance Framework development and processes
- School Financing product and partnership development
- Media and Marketing Associate
The candidate should expect to commit full time for the 6-months duration of the program.
This is an unpaid fellowship. We will however reimburse approved work-related expenses. Outstanding performance may result in an offer to join the firm as a paid staff member in the future.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field
- Preferably a Master’s degree with a focus in business administration, economic development, anthropology, marketing or a relevant area of study
- Experience designing, implementing and evaluating social programs preferred
- Excellent academic credentials
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Demonstrated leadership and entrepreneurial abilities
- Quick learner and self-starter
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Interested applicants should email their resume, including references, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Impact Fellowship” in the subject line. Fellowship applications are reviewed every three months. TAC aims to have 1-2 Impact fellows at any given point in time. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.